Find A Portrait Studio
If you’re looking for professional holiday photos this year, we’ve partnered with Sears Portrait Studio and PictureMe Portrait Studios.
Enter your location or zip code to find a portrait studio near you.
Family Styling Tips - brought to you by Sears Portrait Studio and PictureMe Portrait Studios
- Keep your wardrobe simple. Select coordinating colors without being too “matchy” and avoid lots of patterns.
- If you have little ones, be sure to bring bottles, juice, and snacks to keep them happy before and after the photo shoot.
- Find your photography style. Before your session, look at other family photos and determine what style of photography you’d like to have. Do you prefer traditional family posing, or would you like something more contemporary?
- Bring along any items from home that you’d like to use in the session. I.E. special ornaments, hats, stockings, blankets, baskets, favorite toys, etc.
- For sessions including newborns, bring along a long sleeved black shirt so your photographer can capture some great intimate, emotional portraits that include just parts of the parent.
- Be sure to schedule your appointment around your child(ren)’s nap schedule.
- Think about what sizes you will need to purchase and how many people you need portraits for. This will ease the stress of selecting your portrait order after the session.
- Holiday season is a busy time for all portrait studios, so bring along something to occupy your child while they wait, like games, coloring books.
- Make any final hair and makeup adjustments just prior to entering the camera room.
- If you are planning a session with just your children, be prepared to be in one or two photos just in case. Some children go through a stranger anxiety phase and doing a pose or two with the parents included can calm them.